Does my property qualify for Stone Wall Insulation?
Some homeowners have previously been told that their home may not be suitable for traditional cavity wall insulation for insulating old stone buildings due to the make-up of the walls.
We are able to recommend a specialist product called Technitherm insulation which is a breathable stonewall insulation that can be used to ensure your home receives the same benefits as those installing traditional cavity wall insulation.
The product is suitable for properties such as:
- Stone properties including those with random cavities
- Properties with failed or missing wall-ties
- High rise buildings
- Properties with no damp proof courses
- Cavities below 50mm
- Properties located in exposure to wind driven rain areas or that are prone to flooding
- Variable cavities
Benefits of using Technitherm insulation in cavities
- Keeps your home warmer so heating bills are lower.
- Reduces draughts making your property feel more comfortable.
- Suitable for most types of hard to treat homes with cavity walls.
- Is installed externally in most instances causing minimal disruption to the property owners.
- Solves penetrating damp problems.
- Protects against wind driven rain.
- Provides flood resilience protection.
- Reduces condensation and mould growth on the insides of external walls.
- Non-absorbent so will not cause damp.
- Gives structural stability to properties where there are missing or failed wall-ties through its ability to adhere inner and outer leaves of properties together.
- Suitable for insulating uneven width cavities.
- Improves the energy efficiency rating of the property.